A hallmark of Hamilton High School staff members is their commitment to consistently seek ways to increase student learning and achievement. This outstanding dedication prompted the school community in 1996 to restructure to a four-period day, which allows implementation of the most effective teaching strategies. Classes meet for 83 minutes with one shortened hour allotted to an advisement and resource hour that replaces study halls and the old home room concept. By nearly doubling the class period, students finish a yearlong course in one semester.
High school holds Parent-Teacher Conferences Oct. 23
Hamilton High School parents are invited to attend Parent-Teacher Conferences on Thursday, October 23 from 3:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. For this round of conferences, teachers will be assigned alphabetically in the main gym and cafeteria. A map of the layout is available through this link, and it will be available the evening of conferences near the main entrance. Read more
- Hamilton ACT test, October 25, 8 a.m.
- Hamilton practice ACT window (ends Nov. 7) for grade 11, October 27
- Hamilton WKCE testing window begins (ends Nov. 7), October 27
- Hamilton Parent Group meeting, High School Conference Room, October 28, 9 a.m.
- Hamilton senior pictures due, October 29
- Hamilton Club Unique meeting, Hamilton Fine Arts Center - Lobby, October 29, 8 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Hamilton choir concert, Hamilton Fine Arts Center, October 29, 7 p.m.
- HALLOWEEN, October 31
- NATIONAL NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH, November 1
- STANDARD TIME (move clocks back one hour at 2 a.m.), November 2
- ELECTION DAY, November 4
- Hamilton yearbook orders due, November 5
- First quarter ends, November 5
At a glance
W220 N6151 Town Line Road
Sussex, WI 53089
Phone: (262) 246-6471
Fax: (262) 246-1885
Attendance: (262) 246-1800
Guidance: (262) 246-6476
Athletics: (262) 246-1805
Principal: Candis Mongan
Associate principals: Pete Ferge, Laura Westcott
Student enrollment: 1,412
Starting Time: 7:20 a.m.
Ending Time: 2:25 p.m.