Enrolling and registering your child
Welcome to the Hamilton School District! The enrollment and registration process are the first steps in what we hope will be a great experience for you and your children. If you move into the district you may enroll your child at any time using our online registration process. Click on the Online School Registration icon to start the process.
Kindergarten registration is held in late January and early February with information provided through Willow Springs Learning Center and the elementary schools. Other events, such as open houses and meet and greets, are held at the beginning of the school year at each school to meet staff, tour the school, take school photos, get locks and turn in parking requirements. All registration, residency and health requirements must be met for a child to be admitted to our schools.
Enroll at your neighborhood school
Enrollment occurs at the school the child will attend. If you are unsure about the school your child will attend, please review the district map which shows attendance boundaries within the district or contact the district’s Public Information Office at (262) 246-1973 x1100.
Following are locations and phone numbers for each school. Please call to make an appointment to ensure staff are available to meet with you.
- Willow Springs Learning Center, W220 N6660 Town Line Rd., Menomonee Falls (262) 255-6190;
- Lannon Elementary School, 7145 N. Lannon Rd., Lannon (262) 255-6106;
- Maple Avenue Elementary School, W240 N6059 Maple Ave., Sussex (262) 246-4220;
- Marcy Elementary School, W180 N4851 Marcy Rd., Menomonee Falls (262) 781-8283;
- Woodside Elementary School, W236 N7465 Woodside Rd., Sussex (262) 820-1530;
- Templeton Middle School, N59 W22490 Silver Spring Dr., Sussex (262) 246-6477
- Hamilton High School, W220 N6151 Town Line Rd., Sussex (262) 246-6471
Documents you will need
- Two documents with proof of residency when the first child in a family registers in the district
- Child’s original birth certificate - Federal law requires that information must be recorded from an original birth certificate; copies cannot be accepted.
- Child’s immunization records
- Transcript from current high school if grades 9-12
Additional information to provide
Also suggested is a list of emergency phone numbers and information if a child will be picked up or dropped off at a location other than home. Children are welcome to attend, but the child’s attendance is not necessary. Students who transfer into the school district will be accepted at the grade level recommended by the school of previous enrollment unless another assignment is determined to be in the best interest of the child. Official school records from previously attended school districts will be requested.
Wisconsin law requires that parents provide updated records on their children’s immunizations including DTP, MMR and polio. The Hepatitis B (Hep B) and chicken pox (varicella) vaccines are required for all students pre-kindergarten through 12th grades.
2015-16 school fees
There are several kindergarten options for 4- and 5-year-olds. An optional half-day program for 4-year-olds is available for children who are four years old on or before Sept. 1. The district offers parents the option of choosing full- or half-day programming for children who will be five years old on or before Sept. 1.
A special week is designated each winter at the elementary schools and Willow Springs Learning Center when parents may register their children for kindergarten in the upcoming school year. The kindergarten registration news release has more information.