Enrolling and registering your child
Welcome to the Hamilton School District! The enrollment and registration process are the first steps in what we hope will be a great experience for you and your children. If you move into the district you may enroll your child at any time using our online registration process. Click on the Online School Registration icon to start the process.
Kindergarten registration for 4- and 5-year-olds is held in late January and early February. Events, such as open houses and meet and greets, are held at the beginning of the school year at each school to meet staff, tour the school, take school photos, get locks and turn in parking requirements. All registration, residency and health requirements must be met for a child to be admitted to our schools.
Enrollment occurs via online registration and with the school district registrar in the Business Office at Hamilton High School. Please complete the electronic online school registration application and make an appointment with Kim Zabel to complete your paperwork by calling (262) 246-1973 x1164 or emailing email@example.com.
There are several kindergarten options for 4- and 5-year-olds. An optional half-day 4K program is offered at Willow Springs Learning Center and a K5 program is at each of the neighborhood elementary schools in the district. Children must turn four or five years old, respectively, by Sept. 1 to participate in the 4K or 5K programs. The district offers full- or half-day options for the 5K program.
After online registration, parents whose kindergartners will be new to the district complete the registration process by bringing required documents to the school where the child will attend. A special week is designated each winter at Willow Springs Learning Center (in 2016 it is Jan. 25-29) and elementary schools (Feb. 1-5) when parents may register their children for kindergarten in the upcoming school year.
Parents whose children are new to the district will need:
- two documents with proof of residency;
- child’s original birth certificate - federal law requires that information must be recorded from an original birth certificate so copies cannot be accepted;
- child’s immunization records; and
- transcript from current high school if grades 9-12.
If you are unsure about the school your child will attend, please review the district map which shows attendance boundaries within the district or contact the district’s Public Information Office at (262) 246-1973 x1100.
Following are locations and phone numbers for each school. The registrar will assign you to your correct school. Families are encouraged to visit the school before the first day of attendance. Please call to make an appointment to ensure staff are available to meet with you.
- Willow Springs Learning Center, W220 N6660 Town Line Rd., Menomonee Falls (262) 255-6190;
- Lannon Elementary School, 7145 N. Lannon Rd., Lannon (262) 255-6106;
- Maple Avenue Elementary School, W240 N6059 Maple Ave., Sussex (262) 246-4220;
- Marcy Elementary School, W180 N4851 Marcy Rd., Menomonee Falls (262) 781-8283;
- Woodside Elementary School, W236 N7465 Woodside Rd., Sussex (262) 820-1530;
- Templeton Middle School, N59 W22490 Silver Spring Dr., Sussex (262) 246-6477; or
- Hamilton High School, W220 N6151 Town Line Rd., Sussex (262) 246-6471.
Additional information to provide
Also suggested is a list of emergency phone numbers and information if a child will be picked up or dropped off at a location other than home. Children are welcome to attend, but the child’s attendance is not necessary. Students who transfer into the school district will be accepted at the grade level recommended by the school of previous enrollment unless another assignment is determined to be in the best interest of the child. Official school records from previously attended school districts will be requested.
Wisconsin law requires that parents provide updated records on their children’s immunizations including DTP, MMR and polio. The Hepatitis B (Hep B) and chicken pox (varicella) vaccines are required for all students pre-kindergarten through 12th grades.
2015-16 school fees