Hamilton DECA earns 29 awards at district competition, qualifies 12 for state
Friday, February 17, 2012 9:06 am
Members of Hamilton High School DECA earned 29 awards and qualified 12 students for state competition. A total of 28 students recently represented Hamilton at the Southeastern Wisconsin Career Development Conference at Kettle Moraine High School. The event drew more than 800 students from southeastern Wisconsin who competed in 15 different categories of business and marketing management.
The following Hamilton students earned medals and qualified for state competition in their respective series:
- Kartik Ayalasomayajula, second place overall trophy and two medals, business law- ethics;
- Alexander Schultz, second place overall trophy and two medals, business law-ethics;
- Erin Geszvain, fourth place overall trophy and four medals, business services;
- Alan Mamerow, fourth place overall trophy and four medals, accounting applications;
- Riley Feldmann, two medals, marketing communications;
- Elizabeth Fricke, two medals, marketing communications;
- Clinton Lampshire, two medals, marketing communications;
- Vy Nguyen, two medals, marketing communications;
- Alec Reilly, one medal, retail management;
- Aubrey Rupert, one medal, hospitality services;
- Emily Crook, one medal, hospitality services; and
- Cody Bailey, high overall score, hotel and lodging management.
Also recognized were Wade Heckendorf, who earned a medal in restaurant management, and Jacob Menzel, who earned a medal in hotel and lodging management.
The State DECA Career Development Conference will be held March 13-15 at the Grand Geneva Resort and Conference Center in Lake Geneva,Wisconsin. Students Brittany Paa and Kashsih Talwar will be participating at the conference as service associates.