Hamilton students win awards in regional art contest
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:18 pm
Hamilton High School art students earned 15 awards in the 2012 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition and Exhibition. Students who earned awards were:
- Maya Pechenov, Gold Keys for printmaking and design (cut paper self portrait);
- Erica Jakubic, Gold Key for ceramics and glass;
- Rebecca Mulkey, Gold Key for ceramics and glass;
- Kendall Taivalkoski, Gold Key for design (stained glass panel);
- Grace Thompson, Gold Key for ceramics and glass;
- Amy Zoulek, Gold Key for glass;
- Jordan Kind, Silver Key for painting;
- Rachel Merkel, Silver Key for ceramics and glass.
- Amanda Frey-Klug, Honorable Mention for digital photograph;
- Samantha Hennecke, Honorable Mention for ceramics and glass;
- Shelbey Keel, Honorable Mention for ceramics and glass;
- Maxine Mueller, Honorable Mention for ceramics and glass;
- Alyssa Norton, Honorable Mention for digital photograph; and
- Joseph Rosewicz, Honorable Mention for printmaking.
The Wisconsin Scholastic Art Awards program, which features outstanding works by students in grades 7–12, is the regional section of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards National Program conducted by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, Inc.
Students were recognized Feb. 4 at an awards ceremony at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Silver Key and Gold Key artwork will be exhibited February 4 - March 4 in the museum’s Schroeder West Galleria & Pieper Education Gallery. The Gold Key award-winners’ work will go on for national competition.