Lannon celebrates Red Ribbon Week
Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:50 am
Lannon Elementary School students will celebrate Red Ribbon Week with several activities that occur Oct. 24-27. The week is a nationally recognized event that highlights the fight against drugs.
Monday, Oct. 24 –
- Daily theme – “Use Your Head – Too Smart to Start”
- Students are invited to wear red on their heads, i.e., hats, clips
- J. K. Lee will present “Verbal Defense” presentation for students in grades 3-5 at 1:30 p.m. in the gym. Parents are welcome to attend.
- The Lannon Cardinal will hand out red wrist bands..
Tuesday, Oct. 25 –
- Daily theme – “Turn Your Back on Drugs”
- Students are invited to wear a red shirt backwards
- Students in grades kindergarten – 2 will hear from Ronald McDonald on “Giving Back” at 2:10 p.m. in the gymnasium. Parents are welcome to attend.
Wednesday, Oct. 26 –
- Daily theme – “Sock it to Drugs”
- Students invited to wear red socks.
- The Lannon Cardinal will hand out pencils.
Thursday, Oct. 27 –
- Daily theme – “Stand Up Against Drugs”
- Students invited to wear red pants, shorts or skirts
- Bulletin board will display responses from grades 2-5 sentence completion “I won’t do drugs because . . .” and grades K-1 “Too Smart to Start” pictures
Lannon Elementary School is located at 7145 N. Lannon Road in Lannon.