Many Hamilton High School Band members competed April 24 in the state-level Wisconsin State Music Association Solo and Ensemble Festival held on the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee campus. The state competition featured all students who received the highest rating of 1* at the district festival in Brown Deer.
The following students and groups earned the highest rating of 1 at state:
- Hamilton Percussion Ensemble consisting of Brendan Miracle, Christopher Flink, Anthony Lee, Zachary Herriges, Samuel Leinon, Sean Fox, Andrew Cronin, Melissa Graves, Ryan Smilanich, and Adam Pagenkopf;
- Hamilton Flute Choir consisting of Gabrielle Lyons, Courtney Gray, Paula Myatt, Kelsey Steinmetz, Kimberly Hillmer, Jennifer Potts, Lindsay James, Shannan Brown, and Sara Slavik;
- Adam Pagenkopf and Samuel Leinon – percussion solo;
- Gabrielle Lyons – flute solo;
- Miranda Brown– clarinet solo;
- Lauren Little – euphonium solo;
- Leah Stapelman, Kristin Fidler and Mathew Olkowski – piano solos; and
- Michael Swartzendruber and Kristin Fidler – horn duet.
Receiving a score of 2 were:
- Hamilton Woodwind Ensemble, consisting of Sarah Vowels, Michael Newman, Morgan Burns, Kyle Klett, Gabrielle Lyons, Paula Myatt, Kimberly Hillmer, Sara Slavik, Courtney Gray, Michael Yu, Briana Botros, Daniel Barch, Alex Crane, and Alissa Klobukowski;
- Kelsey Steinmetz, Paula Myatt, Jennifer Potts, and Lauren Dawley – flute solos;
- Sarah Vowels – clarinet solo;
- Daniel Smith – percussion solo; and
- Stephanie Petersen – violin solo.