Hamilton students take first at state music event
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:00 pm
Two Hamilton High School choral students took first place at state competition April 26 at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee. Kirsten Kozik and Madeleine Kuenn each earned first place finishes for their Class A solos.
To qualify for state, Kozik and Kuenn were among a group of Hamilton High School choral students who competed March 15 in the Wisconsin School Music Association’s (WSMA) District Solo and Ensemble Festival at Whitefish Bay High School. Students performed music in events ranging from solos to duets to large concert groups and were critiqued on their performances. Students who receive an excellent-starred rating in Class A events qualified for state competition.
Other Hamilton students who competed at the March 15 district event were:
Class A ensembles
- Kirsten Kozik and Stephanie Klees – excellent rating;
- Anisha Kuhl and Amanda Frievalt – very good rating;
Class A solos
- Stephanie Klees, Anisha Kuhl and Amanda Rockwell – excellent ratings;
- Melissa Brook, Jessica Henzig and Megan Menzel – very good ratings;
- Katie Ruh – good rating;
Class B ensembles
- Paige Schuenke and Alexandra Dylla – excellent rating;
- Madeleine Kuenn, Robin Figarino and Ashley Herrmann; Amanda Frievalt, Elizabeth Prasser and Samantha Schlegel – very good ratings;
Class B solos
- Ashley Herrmann – excellent rating;
- Lindsey Mork – very good rating.