Hamilton's kindergarten registration begins in January
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:00 pm
Kindergarten registration for children in the Hamilton School District is set to begin in January. There are several kindergarten options for 4- and 5-year-olds. An optional half-day program for 4-year-olds is available to children who turn four years old on or before Sept. 1, 2008. The district offers parents the option of choosing full- or half-day programming for children who will be five years old on or before Sept. 1, 2008.
Required at registration are the child's original birth certificate and immunization record. Proof of residency is required when the first child in a family registers in the district. Forms may be downloaded from the district Web site at www.hamilton.k12.wi.us/district/enrollment.
Also suggested is a list of emergency phone numbers and information if a child will be picked up or dropped off at a location other than home. Children are welcome to attend, but the child’s attendance is not necessary.
Following are three ways to register children for kindergarten in the Hamilton School District.
- 4K program – Registration is at Willow Springs Learning Center where the program is offered. Willow Springs registration hours are 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Jan. 28-Feb. 1, with extended hours until 7 p.m. on Jan. 30.
- 5K program for children currently enrolled in the Willow Springs 4K program – Registration forms containing child’s current information will be sent home the week of Feb. 4. Parents will update information on the forms and choose half- or full-day kindergarten for 2008-09. Parents of current Willow Springs 4-year-old kindergartners are not required to complete registration at their home school.
- 5K program for children who are not enrolled in the Willow Springs 4K program – Registration is at the school the child will attend in 2008-09. Registration at Lannon, Maple Avenue, Marcy and Woodside elementary schools will be 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Feb. 4-8 with extended hours from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. on Feb. 6.
Following are locations and phone numbers for each school.
- Willow Springs, W220 N6660 Town Line Rd., Menomonee Falls (262) 255-6190;
- Lannon, 7145 N. Lannon Rd., Lannon (262) 255-6106;
- Maple Avenue, W240 N6049 Maple Ave., Sussex (262) 246-4220;
- Marcy, W180 N4851 Marcy Rd., Menomonee Falls (262) 781-8283; and
- Woodside, W236 N7465 Woodside Rd., Sussex (262) 820-1530.