Fall Parent-Player Meeting slated Aug. 16
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:00 pm
Hamilton High School students who intend to go out for fall athletics should save the evening of Aug. 16. The high school will hold its Fall Parent-Player Meeting beginning at 6 p.m. in the Hamilton Fine Arts Center.
The meeting is mandatory for fall season participants, but students who plan to participate in winter or spring athletics also are invited to attend. While only one parent or guardian is required to attend with each student, families are welcome. Students and parents will learn about co-curricular handbook changes, athlete expectations and required forms. Coaches will be introduced with opportunities to have questions answered. Sports apparel, schedules, forms, family passes and other material will be available in the lobby.
Special guest speaker Bill Collar will present “Attitudes are Contagious” which will emphasize the themes of sportsmanship, teamwork, choices, beliefs and positive parenting. Collar, who taught high school social studies and coached football for 35 years, was recognized as Wisconsin Social Studies Teacher of the Year, Wisconsin Teacher of the year and Wisconsin Football Coach of the Year. He coached state champions in football and track.
Because fall sports are scheduled to begin before the Fall Parent-Player meeting, students should pick up forms and submit them before the following beginning practice dates:
Necessary forms and fees include:
- Aug. 7 – girls’ golf and boys’ football;
- Aug. 8 – girls’ tennis and swimming; and
- Aug. 15 – girls’ and boys’ cross country, girls’ volleyball and boys’soccer.
Athletic forms are available in Office C during office hours including registration on Aug. 8-9. Contact Athletic-Activities Director Mike Gosz at (262) 246-1805 ext. 1125 for further information. Hamilton High School is located at W220 N6151 Town Line Rd., Sussex.
- physical card – green card signed by physician that is good for two years;
- alternate year physical card – tan card used in the alternate year of physical card;
- emergency card – one yellow card for each sport student plays;
- parent consent form – required for first sport played; and
- $30 user fee – for each sport up to $90 family maximum.