Hamilton High School choir students participated in the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) District Solo and Ensemble Music Festival held March 18 at Nicolet High School in Glendale. Students entered as individual soloists, part of an ensemble or both. A WSMA judge rated them on a I-V system, with I being the highest. Only students who performed music from the Class A list were eligible to receive a I* rating denoting that they will move on to the state music festival April 29 at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
The following students earned the right to compete at the state festival by earning the I* excellent rating:
- Kaitlin Klemencic, music theater;
- Patricia Berge and Christie Wilhelm, vocal duet; and
- Kaitlin Klemencic and Patricia Horvath, vocal duet.
Receiving excellent I ratings were:
- Kaitlin Klemencic, soprano solo;
- Aja Zarling and Kirsten Kozik, vocal duet;
- Amanda Allen, Deanna Mirr, Krista Overgaard, Aja Zarling, Kirsten Kozik, Melissa Brook, Patricia Horvath, Krista Zuba and Kaitlin Klemencic, triple trio;
- Amanda Allen, Deanna Mirr, Krista Overgaard, Jennifer Becker, Amanda Frievalt, Patricia Berge, Anisha Kuhl, Ashley Pomeroy, Bobbie Jo Singshiem, Shawna Martzahl, Stephanie Klees, Christie Wilhelm, Melissa Brook, Kirsten Kozik, Jessica Henzig, Julia Metz, Jessica Buschke, Holly Hainer, Aja Zarling, Patricia Horvath, Krista Zuba, Kaitlin Klemencic, Sarah Wilkerson and Charlotte Schiemann, show choir open class;
- Alison Bacon, Robin Gluth, Kayla Vogel, Jenny Kehrin, Julie McDonald, Amanda Strobel and Kathleen Beitzel, show choir.
Earning II ratings were:
- Sarah Wilkerson, alto solo;
- Holly Hainer and Anisha Kuhl, vocal duet; and
- Ashley Rupert and Stephanie Klees, vocal duet.
- Kayla Vogel, solo; and
- Charlotte Schiemann, solo.
- Julia Metz, solo;
- Melissa Brook and Jessica Buschke, duet;
- Charlotte Schiemann, Ashley Pomeroy, Bobbie Jo Singshiem, Shawna Martzahl, Jessica Henzig and Julia Metz, double trio; and
- Alison Bacon, Robin Gluth, Kayla Vogel, Jenny Kehrin, Julie McDonald, Amanda Strobel, Krista Zuba and Kathleen Beitzel, miscellaneous vocal ensemble.