Hamilton's kindergarten registration begins in January
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:00 pm
Kindergarten registration for children in the Hamilton School District is set to begin in January.
There are several kindergarten options for 4- and 5-year-olds. An optional half-day program for 4-year-olds is available to parents whose children are four years old on or before Sept. 1, 2006. The district offers parents the option of choosing full- or half-day programming for children who will be five years old on or before Sept. 1, 2006.
Following are three ways to register children for kindergarten in the Hamilton School District.
- 4K program – Registration is at Willow Springs Learning Center where the program is offered. Willow Springs registration hours are 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Jan. 30-Feb. 3, with extended hours until 7 p.m. on Feb. 1.
- 5K program for children who are not enrolled in the Willow Springs 4K program – Registration is at the school the child will attend in 2006-07. Registration at Lannon, Maple Avenue, Marcy and Woodside elementary schools will be 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Jan. 23-27 with extended hours from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. on Jan. 25.
Required at registration are the child's birth certificate and immunization record. Proof of residency is required when the first child in a family registers in the district. Also suggested is a list of emergency phone numbers and information if a child will be picked up or dropped off at a location other than home. Children are welcome to attend, but the child’s attendance is not necessary.
- 5K program for children currently enrolled in the Willow Springs 4K program – Registration forms containing child’s current information will be sent home the week of Jan. 23. Parents will update information on the forms and choose half- or full-day kindergarten for 2006-07. Parents of current Willow Springs 4-year-old kindergartners are not required to complete registration at their home school.
Following are locations and phone numbers for each school.
- Willow Springs, W220 N6660 Town Line Rd., Menomonee Falls (262) 255-6190;
- Lannon, 7145 N. Lannon Rd., Lannon (262) 255-6106;
- Maple Avenue, W240 N6049 Maple Ave., Sussex (262) 246-4220;
- Marcy, W180 N4851 Marcy Rd., Menomonee Falls (262) 781-8283; and
- Woodside, W236 N7465 Woodside Rd., Sussex (262) 820-1530.