Hamilton's kindergarten registration begins in January
Sunday, January 02, 2005 6:00 pm
Kindergarten registration for children in the Hamilton School District is set to begin in January.
There are several kindergarten options for 4- and 5-year-olds. An optional half-day program for 4-year-olds is available to parents whose children are four years old on or before Sept. 1, 2005. The district offers parents the option of choosing full- or half-day programming for children who will be five years old on or before Sept. 1, 2005.
Following are three ways to register children for kindergarten in the Hamilton School District.
4K program – Registration is at Willow Springs Learning Center where the program is offered. Willow Springs registration hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 31, Feb 1, 3 and 4, and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Feb. 2.
- 5K program for children who are not enrolled in the Willow Springs 4K program – Registration is at school child will attend in 2005-06. Registration hours at Lannon, Maple Avenue, Marcy and Woodside elementary schools are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 31, Feb 1, 3 and 4, and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Feb. 2.
Required at registration are the child's birth certificate, social security number and immunization record. Also suggested is a list of emergency phone numbers and information if a child will be picked up or dropped off at a location other than home. Children are welcome to attend, but the child’s attendance is not necessary
- 5K program for children currently enrolled in the Willow Spring 4K program – Registration forms containing child’s current information will be sent home the week of Jan. 17. Parents will update information on the forms and choose half- or full-day kindergarten for 2005-06. Parents of current Willow Springs half-day kindergartners are not required to complete registration at their home school.
Following are locations and phone numbers for each school.
- Willow Springs, W220 N6660 Town Line Rd., Menomonee Falls (262) 255-6190;
- Lannon, 7145 N. Lannon Rd., Lannon (262) 255-6106;
- Maple Avenue, W240 N6049 Maple Ave., Sussex (262) 246-4220;
- Marcy, W180 N4851 Marcy Rd., Menomonee Falls (262) 781-8283; and
- Woodside, W236 N7465 Woodside Rd., Sussex (262) 820-1530.